The first full week in June was a blur to me. Andrew was gone to Oklahoma on a paintball trip. I hated the fact that he was gone, but the week ended up going super fast so it was pretty easy to keep my mind on other things. Tuesday night was out Dave Ramsey class, Wednesday night was a Lia Sophia meeting, Thursday night was my 1ST EVER Lia Sophia party, and Friday I only worked a few hours before I got to go home and spend the rest of the day with my adorable niece!! I was also able to spend that weekend with most of my family back home on the Broadway farm, along with several other family members and good friends, celebrating my mom and dad’s 35th wedding anniversary.
Last week was a blur, but in a different sort of way. Andrew and I both work for the State of Iowa. I’m sure everyone has heard by now, that a budget for 2012 has yet to be passed. Well, FY12 begins on July 1st, that’s only a little over a week away! If a budget doesn’t pass by then, there is a very good chance that the state will shut down and both Andrew and I will be “laid off” for a few days, UNPAID! Not cool! AND to top it all off, the house and senate still haven’t agreed on the “bill” to be passed yet either. Well, a piece of that bill talks about how they might get rid of the state fleet (the state vehicles). What does that mean?! That means that Andrew would be without a job!! Again, NOT COOL! Right now everything is just a waiting game. We won’t really know anything for sure until last minute. All I can do is keep telling myself that GOD is in control! Romans 8:28 says “And we know that for those who love God, all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.” No matter what the outcome may be from all of this, God will provide for Andrew and I. We just need to keep our heads high and continue taking one day at a time!
Ok back to being on a lighter note…this week will once again be a pretty busy week. Tonight Dave Ramsey class, tomorrow supper with a dear old friend, Thursday another Lia Sophia party while Andrew has volleyball, and Friday we are attending a Barn Dance being hosted by a couple from church, which I’m super excited about!!
Whatever happened to nice relaxing evenings at home doing nothing but snuggling up on the couch, watching tv and eating ice cream!?! :)
151 days!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment