Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Wedding Preparation


Today marks only 87 more days to go!! I can’t believe it! The past few weeks (months) have gone by so fast!

The first Sunday in August, Andrew and I made the trip back to my hometown of New Sharon, to visit my parents. We had a few things that needed to be dropped off, a few things that needed to be picked up, but most importantly, I had to have my FIRST wedding dress fitting with my mom! I hadn’t seen my dress since April so it was kind of exciting to put it back on again :) And guess what!? It actually fit! Mom has to hem it a little bit, but other than that, it’s PERFECT! No alterations needed :)

That day, I also found out that mom was making my veil. I knew she had thought about it, but I wasn’t sure if she was actually going to do it or not. Sure enough, she decided to make it. Of course it wasn’t finished that day, but what she DID have done looked gorgeous and was EXACTLY what I wanted. Putting it on with my dress, made everything even more surreal!

Over the past couple of weeks I have started going through pictures and collecting them to put in the wedding slideshow. I had never seen pictures of Andrew when he was little. OMG he was the cutest kid ever! AND he had light hair!
Are we gonna have cute kids or what!? lol

It has been so much fun to look back through all my baby pictures, but more importantly, bringing all those old memories back as if they were just yesterday! I’m not gonna lie, I did indeed get tears in my eyes, especially when I came upon this photo…
Wish you could be here to celebrate with me Grandpa!! Miss you!

This weekend is my first bridal shower, which I am SUPER excited for! I can’t wait to see so many friends and family! AND it means that OUR BIG DAY is getting that much closer!

Like all brides would say, there have been some very stressful times (or MANY if you ask Andrew) over the past few weeks, but I’m learning that everything will work out just fine and will get done when they get done. NO need to stress over things…yet… :)

Ok…the clock is ticking…I’ll update again soon…but for now…back to more wedding preparation! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment