Friday, January 6, 2012

2011


So I feel really bad that I haven't had a chance to post an update for quite some time. BUT there is a reason behind it! This year has been super crazy busy, especially the last few months. Just a little overview of 2011:

*Andrew and I got engaged and the wedding planning began! :)

*I had my wisdom teeth removed.

*I began as a Lia Sophia advisor in June. I have really enjoyed this! I took a break since I was busy with the wedding, but I hope to get back into it again very soon, especially with the new catalog coming out in February!!

*August, September, and October were filled with bridal/couple showers, checking off the last items on the "To-Do List", and attending Brian and Kelly's wedding.

*Andrew quit working for the state in October and started his new job at Willis Auto. His been working there for a good 3 months now and he absolutely loves it! We are very thankful to God that when things started to get tough at the state and we were in the world of the unknown, HE provided in abundance!

*November was a HUGE month for us. We made a last minute trip up north to visit my brother and family. Our wedding of course. :) We celebrated my Grandma & Grandpa's 60th wedding anniversary. Also, celebrated Thanksgiving. Because of the wedding we had several family members fly in from out of state so we were able to spend lots of quality time with family over the holiday.

*December has been very kind to us with weather. Andrew was able to get a weekend of hunting in. We spent the weekend before Christmas with Andrew’s dad’s side. The Friday and Saturday before Christmas we traveled down to New Sharon to be with my family, then to Sully to be with my mom’s side. Then it was back to Waukee for the 11 pm Christmas Eve service. We spent Christmas day at Andrew’s parents. We enjoyed are time with family and making new memories, but we also enjoyed some time to ourselves and creating new traditions of our own. J

*And I guess the most recent news, is that I JUST got promoted at the Dept of Education into the Human Resources Associate position. I am staying very busy, especially since I currently have to do the work from my old position as well. I do enjoy the new challenges and I’m learning new things every day. And I have to add, I love the new (bigger) office and the nice pay increase as well. J

Well, not sure what else to write about. Andrew and I are very blessed and thank God for each new day He has given us. As a newly married couple, we have our ups and downs as we continue to learn new things about each other, BUT it’s making us grow stronger as husband and wife and we know that God is in control. We are very anxious to see what HE has in store for us in 2012!!

No comments:

Post a Comment