Wednesday, November 14, 2012

12 Days My True Love Gave To Me

This year I've challenged myself to do something a little different for the hubby for Christmas. I wanted to do something special, however I didn't want to spend a ton of money.
I came across the idea online, but I've tweaked it slightly to put my own little "twist" to it.

It's called "The 12 Days My True Love Gave To Me"
Here is the main idea:
Instead of giving a couple little gifts to your significant other, this is a way to give 12 different gifts. You start with Day 1. You get something that comes as 1. It could be ANYTHING. On Day 2, something that comes in a pair. Day three, a 3 pack of boxers. Day 4...Day 5...etc. They can be fun gifts, they can be gifts that are actually wanted/needed. (Also, it doesn't necessary have to come in a "pack" of 5, it could be something that contains the number 5, like a movie title, etc) I'm writing up a short "riddle/saying" to go with each gift and then on each given day, I'm going to think of a creative way to give him each gift. Maybe on his pillow before he goes to bed. Maybe in his sock drawer so he'll open it when he is getting ready in the morning. Maybe on the front seat of his Jeep. :) The individual online did as though they were counting UP to Christmas, making Day 12 be on Christmas Day. Instead, I've decided to count DOWN to Christmas and that way he will get the one main gift on actual Christmas Day.

Plus it makes for a lot of wrapped gifts for under our Christmas tree :)

So, for example, on December 14th, Hubby will receive "Day 12". It may be a dozen cookies or a 12 pack of coke.
On December 15th, he will receive "Day 11". Something that equals 11. 1 dozen cookies minus 1 because you just couldn't resist?? lol
On December 24th, he might receive a twix (comes in a package of 2) if it was his favorite candy bar.
and so on and so forth.

It didn't take me long to have all twelve days figured out.  But I wanted to make sure each and every one of them would either make him laugh, was something he actually needed, or really meant something special to him. It really wasn't that hard, except for the fact of trying to keep everything hidden from him until I get them wrapped, ESPECIALLY in the midst of the move. :)

Once I have everything wrapped, I'll post to see if you can guess what everything is :)

****Did you really think I was going to tell you what I was getting him for Christmas?? NOWAY - I can't risk anything getting to the hubby before the day actually comes :)****

No comments:

Post a Comment