Thursday, November 17, 2011

This Is It....


I can't believe it...this is it! This is my wedding weekend!! In only 2 days I will be walking down the aisle and saying "I Do" to the man I love and want to spend the rest of my life with!!

Just like every other little girl, I have dreamed about this day for a long time. I dreamed that it would be a beautiful sunny day. I dreamed about a fairytale princess dress. I dreamed about where the wedding would take place. I dreamed about the color of flowers I wanted. I dreamed about having my hair all done up fancy. I dreamed about what my ring would look like. And I dreamed about the man that would be standing next to me when announced "Mr & Mrs"!

At moments I felt like this dream was merely a dream, but today, it's finally sinking in that this dream, is about to come true!! :) My mind has not been focused on wedding this week. I have been keeping busy with work all week....but today....today the countdown has started! Today is my last day at work. Tonight Andrew and I are picking up all the decorations back home in New Sharon, including all the chair covers, sashes, and tablecloths.Tomorrow I'm going to try and sleep in as late as possible. Tomorrow I have to pick up the key for the reception hall. Tomorrow I'm having lunch with my bridesmaids., then getting pampered. Tomorrow is rehearsal, rehearsal dinner, and then we're decorating at the reception hall. Then it's Saturday! THE BIG DAY!!

1 week from today is Thanksgiving. With the craziness from all the wedding stuff, I'm sure I will not be back on to update the blog until after, so I wanted to take some time to give a HUGE shout out to 1 person in particular. There are many things He could be referred to as: Almighty. Alpha. Omega. Rock. Creator. Redeemer. Savior. Holy One. Potter. Shepherd. King. Messiah. But I refer to him as my Father. God has blessed me with SO much!! I have so much to be thankful for. He has FAR exceeded all my hopes and expectations!
- He has blessed me with an amazing family that has helped me in so many ways from the start to the finish.
- He has blessed me with amazing friends that are there to support me along the way and to stand beside me on my big day.
- He has blessed me with an awesome (2nd) family. Most people would refer to them as "in-laws", but I would prefer to refer to them as my family. They are just as much family to me as my own. I love them so much and am so excited to say that I will officially be a Burkhart in roughly 55 hours :)
- He has blessed me with a wonderful church! Last year I struggled with making a huge decision. But now that I look back on it, after a short time, I knew where God was leading me and wanting me to worship and continue to grow in my faith. I had found a new “home”! I am so thankful to be able to worship with so many wonderful believers!
- He has blessed me with some pretty spectacular grandparents. So excited to celebrate with family next week, 60 yrs of wedded bliss with Grandma and Grandpa Sjaardema! I look up to them so much, as they are a true Godly example of what a marriage should look like.  
- He has blessed me with a job. There are some days that I would rather sit at home all day and do nothing then go and sit at my computer all day, but overall, I am happy to say that I have a job to go to each day.
I could go on and on, but I don’t have the time lol But I’m especially thankful for the fact that God has blessed me with such an amazing man that I soon get to call my husband. I love him so much and am so excited to see what God has in store for our future. :) Next time you’ll hear from me, I will be Mrs. Andrew Burkhart. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment