Friday, August 24, 2012

Stage #1

We met with our builder again last week to finalize our decisions and plans. We had so much fun planning and picturing what our house is going to look like, both on the inside and out. Andrew's laughing at me because I'm already planning decorations and picturing what I want the house to look like for the holidays. :) Can you tell I'm anxious!?
We signed the paperwork last week and they said that they should be breaking ground with the next 10 days. We figured we would get a phone call or email or something in regards to when that would happen. We knew it was stacked, but otherwise we hadn't heard anything. Yesterday, I was in the area and since I had my camera with me, I decided to take a little stroll to check it out once more and take a few more pictures for "Our House" book. To my amazement, when I pulled in, there was dirt everywhere and they were almost finished digging already!!! I was so excited and right away had to call Andrew to tell him :) I snapped some pictures and then headed out.

This is what I saw when I pulled in! (looking in the SW direction) If you can see the two red flag stakes, that is about where the driveway ends and the garage starts. :) Helloooo super long driveway...

This is looking from the other direction (looking towards the SE). This front corner will be the two extra bedrooms. The backhoe is sitting about where the kitchen will be.

Now that the whole is dug, if all goes as planned, within roughly 60 days, we should be moving into our new house!! Stay tuned for more updated pictures as we continue through the building stages :)

No comments:

Post a Comment