Thursday, April 7, 2011

Glimpse Into The Future

Last night began quite the adventure. For the next 9 days, Andrew and I are house sitting out in Adel for his parents, while they get to enjoy a vacation/cruise **JEALOUS** for their 25th wedding anniversary.

We stayed downstairs since his parents had to be up early to leave for the airport. That was a mistake. The bed was hard and very uncomfortable. I'm thinking the floor would have been a better choice. Or the couch lol. Plus when his parents got up early, so did we because all we heard was footprints going back and forth, including little dog paws. Just when I got back to sleep, then my alarm started buzzing! UGH!
Also, many of you know that I am practically blind, so without my contacts/glasses, I literally CANNOT SEE ANYTHING! Well, the basement is like pitch black, all the time. I had to go to the bathroom a couple times throughout the night and I have to admit, I was still half asleep so I don't remember exactly, but I think I ran into something EACH time. I have a couple random bruises on my legs.
Needless to say I am very tired and sleep deprived today. I will definitely be ready for a nice relaxing soak in the hot tub tonight, and then heading to bed to try and get a little extra sleep!!

Any who, we've only been "on the job" for less then 12 hours, and I've already come up with the following list!
Key things to remember over the next 9 days:
#1. Go to bed earlier to make sure I get enough sleep since I have to get up earlier in order to drive the 30+ minute commute.
#2. Use the new coffee maker to get my dose of caffeine to keep me awake at work when I don't get enough sleep because I forgot #1.
#3. Figure out how to use said coffee maker!
#4. Don't leave socks laying around anywhere. The dog will take them and run!
#5. Don't forget my sunglasses for the morning commute. I have to remember I'm coming from the west now, which means I'm driving DIRECTLY into the sun.
#6. Tell Andrew a HUGE thank you for dropping me off at the front door of work each morning so I don't have to walk across GRAND AVE each morning.
#7. Enjoy EVERY MOMENT of the next 9 days as it will be spent with my best friend and will give us a glimpse into our future together.

I'm so excited to say that in 226 days, this will become the "normal" for us! :)

Tune in next time to read "Our Story!" :)

No comments:

Post a Comment