Church - booked
Reception Venue - booked and deposit paid
Caterer - send contract and deposit in mail
Photographer - booked
Flowers - send deposit in the mail
Dress - ordered and paid for
SaveTheDates/Invitations - in the process of designing
Reception Decorations - complete
Cake - ...um....CRAP!
I had NO idea who to have do our cake. Luckily we have some awesome friends *Brian and Kelly ACHOO* that referred us to Carolyn Rodish. She has her own business, Classic Cakes and Desserts, located in Clive. I contacted her and got an appointment made.
Last night we had the privilege of meeting with her. and let me tell you, her cakes are AMAZING!!. She had LOTS of pictures and designs to help us with ideas. Then came the tasting part. :) She had 4 different cupcakes with frosting, each a different flavor of cake that we had previously decided on. I was thinking just a thin slice from each cupcake, but then Andrew decided to cut them in half and we would each eat half. Goodness, they were ALL good! How were we supposed to decide??
| Our cake 'model.' Can't wait to see what ours looks like! :) |
But I will say, after being sick all last week, and still stuck on the BRAT diet, I definitely had a sugar high afterward. At first I didn't think I had that much, but when you take 4 halves and add it up, that's 2 WHOLE cupcakes! YIKES! Granted, I wasn't feeling the best last night.
So, remember that "Wedding-To-Do-List"?? 1 more thing checked off the list!
Cake - flavors picked, deposit paid, contract in hand :)
Only 235 days to go!
No comments:
Post a Comment