Saturday, January 18, 2014

Breakfast Burritos

It has been suggested that when I make crockpot/freezer meals, I should take pictures and share the recipe on the blog! :)

I'm not professional, but I'll give it a shot!...

What's more perfect for a Saturday morning then some delicious Breakfast Burritos!? This is the second time I have made these. We LOVE them and they are super easy! Great for a quick breakfast, part of a "breakfast" meal night, or to throw in your lunchbox for a mid-morning snack at work!


BREAKFAST BURRITOS
(This recipe makes 10 large burritos)

1/2 bag Shredded Cheddar Cheese
1/2 Shredded Pepper Jack Cheese
1 lb ground Italian sausage
12 eggs
1 (10 pk) Flour Tortilla shells
Wax Paper
Tinfoil
Ziploc Bags (gallon size)

1. Scramble all eggs! There is no right or wrong way to do this. We do them in the microwave, but you can do them on the stove too.

2. Brown sausage. Once again, no right or wrong way. We do it in the microwave. I love using my Pampered Chef micro-cooker and Mix 'N Chop for this!

3. Tear off 10 pieces of wax paper and 10 pieces of tinfoil (a little bigger than the size of your tortilla shells)

4. ASSEMBLY LINE TIME :) I use our kitchen island to set out the wax paper pieces, 1 shell on each piece. I then go through with the cheddar and pepper jack cheeses and put a little bit on each shell. Then repeat with the eggs, and then again with the meat. (You may want to make one to start out with to get a good idea as to how much of each ingredient you can fit in the tortilla shell and still be able to fold it up)


5.Once all shells are "full" you can fold them up. I fold in the bottom first, then each side, so that when you eat the burrito, nothing falls out the bottom.

6. Wrap each burrito in wax paper and then repeat with the tinfoil. (the wax paper is so that you can easily take a burrito out of the freezer, remove the tinfoil, and throw it in the microwave to heat up.)

7. Place wrapped burritos into Ziploc bags (I use gallon size so that I can keep them all together in the freezer) and then put in the freezer.

8. Now, tomorrow morning grab one out of the freezer, throw it into the microwave, and ENJOY!

There ya have it! These would be super simple to mix up as well. Throw some ham in instead of sausage!? Also, please know that you can use whatever size tortilla shells you want. These are a little bigger which means we can use them for our "breakfast" meal night. We've made smaller ones in the past that are perfect to pull out in the morning and heat us for breakfast. The smaller shells you have, the more burritos you will make!!
SUPER SIMPLE AND EASY!

No comments:

Post a Comment