This past weekend I had the privilege of going with my to-be-in-laws to Minnesota. :) A wonderful girls weekend away!
Andrew's mom, Linda, and sister, Ashley, and I drove up on Thursday afternoon. That way we were able to relax a little bit before the rest of the crew came up on Friday. Granted, Linda and Ashley had never been to IKEA or the MOA so they had no idea what they were going to experience the next couple days!!
Friday morning was spent in IKEA (I *heart* that store!), where Ashley found a really cool lamp and I was able to find everything I need for wedding reception decorations.
We then met up with the others and headed over to the MOA. Started up on the top floor and worked our way down. After a good 7 hours+ we made it through the 3rd and 2nd floor before we were all tired, our feet hurt, and we were ready to call it quits. Granted, we did find a lot of good deals!! We were all ready to head back to the hotel and relax in the hot tub.
Saturday was Andrew's cousin, Maranda's sweet 16th birthday! :) And she was SOOO happy to spend it with all of us. (*LOL*) We made our way back to the MOA to make our round on the 1st floor and also go back to hit some of the deals from the previous day. *Note to self: DO NOT EVER go to the MOA on a Saturday again!!* People were everywhere and they were all SO rude! Made for a miserable day. After only a few hours we were all ready to get out of there. We made a quick stop at IKEA to pick up last minute things, and then we all went back to the hotel to eat Maranda's birthday cupcakes, play in the pool and relax in the hot tub. The evening was spent playing cards, sippin' a few drinks, and lots of laughter! Oh and did I forget to mention Tyler and Andy!? :)
I had a great time and it was a MUCH NEEDED time away, but all-in-all I was ready to come back home and snuggle up on the couch and watch The Amazing Race with my man! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment