"The best place to be when you're sad is Grandpa's lap." - Author Unknown
A shout out to my best friend Joslin Ferguson and her family today. My thoughts and prayers are with them today and the days to come! "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, " Plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you a hope and a future!"
When I heard that Joslin's grandpa Jerry passed away, I was instantly in tears because it brought back all the memories of when my Grandpa passed away. The feelings that I went through, I would NEVER wish upon anyone else. There were days were it didn't affect me at all, but then there were days when I completely broke down and didn't want to be around anyone. There were always the questions as to why?? and what if??
But then there were also the questions wondering what Grandpa was doing up in heaven each day? Is he singing? Is he milking cows? Is he scaring people with his fake teeth? Is he making wonderful chocolate malts? And that always, and still does, bring a smile to my face! :)
One of my favorite Bible verses is Proverbs 3: 5-6. "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight."
Grandpa's physical body may be gone, but he will forever live within my heart. Pictures have been engraved within my mind and memories will never be forgotten.
So, not only to Joslin, but to all of you that have lost a loved one, remember the good times. Remember all the fun times you had together. Remember the times of laughter. Remember the big hugs that you embraced. Remember the games you played. Remember the knee you once sat upon. And most importantly, remember that they are watching over you each and every day, and that one day you WILL see them again!
Love and miss you everyday Grandpa! <3
No comments:
Post a Comment